Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Time to donate!




I bought many things that my family doesn't need today because I know someone at the food pantry will use them. I spent .30 out of pocket at Meijer today and am donating about 35.00 worth of food just from today's purchase. If you feel convicted to donate, PLEASE DO! My husband strongly disliked the amount of items that were piling up in our home so I find it is easier to donate weekly when the prices I paid are still fresh in my mind. My tax advisor at H & R Block (who has taken my coupon workshop by the way!) told me that you are allowed to write off how much the item rings up for on your receipt, so regardless if you paid .03, it if rings up 2.45, you can claim that full amount.

The value of the items I am donating are $104.30, I paid probably about 3.00 total out of pocket. Look how much I can make a difference with a couple dollars out of pocket, a little time, and my desire to help those less fortunate. There's no telling how many mouths this will feed and how many people will be excited at the items they can pick from!

2 comments:

  1. Julie: I donate to Hospitality House in Walled Lake, MI, its on Maple, close to Benstein.

    ReplyDelete