Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Meijer Shopping Trip



I have to tell you that I was looking all around when I stepped out of my car this morning since the Meijer I always go to got robbed 2 days ago! But I figure the likelihood of it happened again and this soon is probably pretty slim. I do feel us moms that are loading children into carseats and unloaded our purse, groceries, etc into the car can be caught off guard so make sure you are watching your surroundings. I never thought my store would get robbed because it's in a good neighborhood but I've learned it can happen anywhere. My own mother got held up at gunpoint right outside her grocery store a few years ago around the same time of the morning the Meijer got robbed on Monday, and my mom was in the first parking space closest to the entrance of the store. They grabbed her as she had just sat down in the seat but hadn't yet closed the door. So I always lock my door IMMEDIATELY when I get in the seat....point being, we have many distractions when we shop so lets be more aware of our surroundings!

Nevertheless, I had a good shopping experience today and am geeked that I was able to stock up on sour cream, american cheese and shredded cheese. They are running a great promotion (I didn't see it marked anywhere in the store but know it's a catalina deal that runs through the 31st thanks to Macomb Money Savers)

Spent 31.38

Saved 77.90

71% savings!

Check out how much of this I am donating....that post is to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment