Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Serious deals at Target -.69 Electrasol, $8.16 moneymaker on Rolaids, donatable items






I had a great shopping day today! One of my stops was Target and I wanted to tell you about some great deals!

I bought the 75 oz (the BIG box) of Electrasol Finish powder (rather than the gel pacs) with the recent $2.50 coupon that came in last week's paper. The coupon at first glance looks like its on the tabs only but it does say Finish on it and it went through without a problem (no beepage). I thought this was a great deal, although I do have enough dish detergent to last probably over 2 years now, but when you can get a great deal, I grab it!

Many of you might know about the moneymaker at Target for Rolaids. I have bought the packages of Rolaids at Walmart before but their computers are getting tricky at giving overage. If the item is priced under the coupon value, the system is asking the cashier if the coupon amount is valid. Target didn't blink an eye and I used my 6 $4.00/2 coupons that came in the 1/3 inserts. It said when you buy ANY 2 products listed (and rolaids was shown without any size restriction other than trial size), receive 4.00 off. They ring up 1.32 and so I made 8.16 in overage. Knowing this would probably be the case, I threw in a package of Huggies diapers that were 8.99 but I had a 1.50 coupon so essentially the diapers were free.

It's my desire to contribute more to my local area and donate a lot more items that our family either has ample stockpile of or that we won't simply use. I grabbed Johnson & Johnson First Aid Kits and Band-Aids for free today in the travel section of Target, using coupons (that didn't have any size restrictions) from the 1/3 inserts. I also had 1.00 off Kotex Hygiene Products (Target Store Coupon) and so I bought the smallest package in the travel section that were priced at 1.02.

My total before coupons was $65.37, and I paid 5.87 (3.32 which was tax), for a savings of 91%. Basically everything was free except the package of Electrasol!

No comments:

Post a Comment