Sunday, January 31, 2010

Many coupons expiring today!

Many coupons are expiring today so I would suggest going through your boxes and seeing what items you might want to buy using your coupons that will expire.

As I teach at my classes, in my personal opinion, it is NOT okay to use expired coupons unless you have the consent of the cashier or manager. People that abuse this hurt all of us. I've heard horror stories from cashiers of people who try to use coupons 6 months past their expiration and throw in some for items that didn't even have in their cart. You say, "well, how does that affect me"? Ever been treated badly by a cashier or you can tell they are not too thrilled with your coupon stack? It might be because they've seen a lot of people abusing them.

I must admit that I didn't always stick to the rules but I have made it my personal decision to make sure the coupons I'm using are within their expiration dates and are intended for the EXACT items I have in my cart.

A friend of mine pointed out that coupons are really a GIFT! We are one of the only countries that has the luxury of being able to use coupons.....therefore, thinking of coupons in this way, makes me so much more grateful that I am able to save so much for my family, give back to less fortunate families and educate others how they can trim costs off their monthly budget.

Happy Shopping!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post. If you do acquire more coupons than your family can use before the expire, it's time to pay them forward. Start sending a swap box around your friends, donate the pet food coupons for the animal shelter, donate the baby coupons for agencies that assist young mothers, or ask your library or church to allow a coupon swap box.

    ReplyDelete