Friday, August 21, 2009

Better late than NEVER! Deals for this week!

I hosted a HUGE open house at my home and that took up a good portion of my week. I went to Meijer yesterday and got $173.29 in groceries and household stuff for $70.62, that's a savings of 60%! Now, my total was higher because I bought a birdfeeder for my son that was 4.59, a clearance swimming pool that was 9.99 and a clearance slip and slide that was 7.49, so I really only spent $48.55 in groceries.

I want to tell you about some of the deals that were great!

Meijer waffles, not on sale but there is a .50 mealbox, making them .75 each

$1.50 Lysol Neutra Air Aerosol, 10 oz
-$1.50/1 coupon (from 7-12 SS)
FREE after coupon
Buy 4, use 4 coupons with this $1.00/4 Meijer Mealbox printable coupon and this turns into a moneymaker!

$1.00 Kraft Easy Mac (regular price)
-$1.00/2 Meijer Mealbox printable coupon, exp 9-12
B1G1 coupon (from July Parents, Better Homes & Gardens or Good Housekeeping magazine)
FREE when you buy 2 with coupons - Great charity donation!

$1.67 Ken's Lite Accents Salad Dressing Spray, 7 oz
-$1.00/1 coupon (from 8-2 SS), use 2
-$1.00/2 Meijer Mealbox printable coupon
$0.17 each when you buy 2 with coupons

$1.50 Betty Crocker Fruit Shapes, 10 ct (9 oz box)
-$0.40/1 printable coupon here or here or here or here (print up to 2 per computer)
or coupon (from 8-9 GM)
as low as $0.24 each after coupon (after checkout coupon savings)*
Best Scenario - Buy 5 and use 5 $0.40 off coupons (the first 2 will double, the 3rd will deduct face value):$7.50 for 5 boxes of Betty Crocker Fruit Shapes-$2.80 in coupons ($0.80, $0.80, $0.40, $0.40, $0.40)Pay $4.70 for 5 boxes and get a $3.50 coupon off your next order at checkout!
Final cost: 5 boxes for $1.20! $0.24 each after checkout coupon savings!!![Get a $1.50 checkout coupon when you buy 3 boxes; $2.50 when you buy 4 boxes; $3.50 when you buy 5 or more boxes!]

$1.50 Lysol Disinfecting Wipes, 35 ct
-$1.00/2 coupon (from 7-12 SS)
-$1.00/2 Meijer Mealbox printable coupon
$0.50 each when you buy 2 with coupons

$1.25 Aunt Millie's Buttermilk or Cracked Wheat Bread, Honey Hot Dog or Burger Buns
-$0.35/1 coupon (from 5-10 RP)
$0.55 after coupon*

$1.00 Lipton Recipe Soup
-$0.60/2 coupon (from 6-28 RP)
$0.80 each when you buy 2 with coupon

$2.50 Smucker's Uncrustables, 4 pk
-$0.75/1 coupon (from 8-9 RP)
$1.75 after coupon

$0.40 Dannon Yogurt, 6 oz single cups
-$1.00/4 Meijer Mealbox printable coupon
-$0.60/6 Dannon coupon (from 7-19 SS)
$0.13 each when you buy 6 with coupons (or less!)
Best savings scenario: Buy 12 Dannon yogurts; use 3 Meijer Mealbox coupons and 2 Dannon coupons (from 7-19 SS). Pay $0.05 each when you use 5 coupons!

$1.29 Breakstone's Sour Cream, 16 oz
-$1.00/2 coupon (from 8-9 RP)
$0.79 each when you buy 2 with coupon

Thanks to Macomb Money Savers for the above breakdown, they are a great resource!

I love posting but want to make sure that people are actually reading what I'm throwing out there, leave a comment so I know and I'll be glad to post more frequently as long as I know that people are looking :)

Have a great weekend! I am going to Target first thing tomorrow morning to do some retail therapy with all my coupons. I found a bunch that are good in the travel section and I'm going kid free so this should be fun!

Remember to leave me a comment so I know there are some readers out there!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn!
    I don't know about everyone else out there, but I have been so busy going to Kmart all week trying to get all the great deals out there with their doubling $2.oo coupons, I am exhausted:-) Just for example I had misplaced two coupons and didn't realize till I returned home that I did not use them. So returned the items, two boxes of nabisco crackers and two boxes of crystal light, which came to a total of almost $16.00 and repurchased them and only paid $3.98. Big difference!! I check your website everyday:-) and still thank the lord everyday for sending me to your class. It still amazes me how much stuff I have gotten for next to nothing. Thank you! Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn, I'm glad that you're getting such great deals and that you enjoy my blog. I'd appreciate it if you could link back to me when you use my matchups - or consider adding my blog button to your sidebar! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Macomb Money Savers: I don't know how to add items to my side bar unfortunately and I did correct it so there was a link, I hadn't put it in correctly. I always want to give people the appropriate mentions and I talk a lot about your site at my classes that have reached almost 100 people in the metro area in the last two months! Hopefully you are seeing some new traffic :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, Dawn! I really appreciate it! I can walk you through editing your sidebar if you're interested - just contact me through the blog...

    Looks like you're really saving! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete