Sunday, July 19, 2009

Shopping trip today

I have to admit, when I became a coupon addict a few months past, Walgreens was my store of preference. Me and others have noticed a decline in the number of great deals and FREEBIES! Even one manager told me they have reduced their ads to only 8 pages. There are still good deals but not great like I was used to!

In my classes, I tell people to check many sites to help with their couponing such as www.hip2save.com, it's by far the site I check the most. I just wanted to caution you about relying on information posted about the Walgreen's sales before you load up your coupons and head out. 3 or 4 of the specials (Mentos, Excedrin, Scotch tape) that I had on my list of deals to grab were not listed in my weekly flier and were not on sale. So I drove 10 minutes out of my way Walgreens and left with 10 posterboards for .09 each ( I know, this is a good deal) and a package of free pens. But I thought the sales were going to be fantastic so I made the extra effort to get there this morning before we head out on vacation tomorrow.

So, just watch what you see online on these sites, while they are a FABULOUS resource, none of the main sites are based in Michigan so some of the sales can vary by region. Just wanted to save everyone some time.

I did snag some great deals at CVS! We love the convenience of Crocs but hate the price. My son's pair from last year are wearing out and I went to Dick's Sporting Goods and paid $30 for a basic pair of Navy crocs. After coming home, I realized that was a dumb purchase. CVS like many others has knock-off Crocs for $5.99. I can get 5 pair for what I paid for one, so I got some for both of my kids for this year and next! THe school supplies are great there this week too!

Rite Aid is having a good sale if you take advantage of the Kimberly Clark promotion. You can purchase tons of razors and get a big money maker. I went first thing this morning and of course they didn't have enough, but I did collect a raincheck so I should be able to get enough to snag another $25.00 gift card! YIPPEE! Go to www.hip2save.com for more details on the promo, look under Rite Aid.

No comments:

Post a Comment