Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I am in awe at my friend's generosity!




I could not let this opportunity go by without giving "props" to my girlfriend Kim who drove ( I say 30, she says 20 minutes) over to my house with an incredible amount of things to donate to my local food pantry in Walled Lake, Hospitality House. I had to show you a picture (and this doesn't even show it all and yes, I know it isn't superb quality). My neighbors mom volunteers there twice a week and I thought Kim brought 5-6 bags of stuff which I was very grateful for.....well, I went in the garage and realized there was one more bag stuffed to the gills and 1 medium sized box and 1 LARGE box of stuff filled completely! Inside the bags and boxes were tons of bar soap, feminine hygiene products, aspirin...all stuff that I know the people on Thursday will be so excited about when they get to do their shopping and pick out their things for the next 2 weeks.

Kim is one of the most generous people I know (except when it comes to napkin rings, INSIDE JOKE!) and has become like a sister to me. I have learned so much from her over the last 2 years and can't imagine not having her in my life! She's taught me a lot about life, A LOT about the Lord and I am so grateful for her friendship and love. And today, I am just in awe of her generous heart.

My friend Laura Webber says that coupons really are a blessing since most countries don't receive them at all and are forced to pay full price for everything. Look at the impact and the blessings you can bestow upon others with couponing!

If you would like to donate to Hospitality House, please email me and I will be glad to give you their information.

Thanks Kim, you're the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment