Thursday, February 4, 2010

Chicken Enchiladas - this recipe is a winner!

I wanted to share this recipe with you since several of the ingredients are part of Kroger's special this week!

1 large onion chopped
2 cloves garlic crushed
3 cans diced tomatoes and green chiles (Rotel or Kroger brand mild)
5-6 cooked chicken breasts shredded
1 pt heavy whipping cream
1 1/2 T chicken granules
~20 tortillas
8 oz monterrey Jack or Mozzarella shredded cheese
Vegetable oil
Cook onion and garlic in small amt of vegetable oil just until onions are transparent. Add tomatoes and green chiles, and chicken. Spoon mixture into tortillas and place seam-side down in greased dish. Heat whipping cream and granules together (to dissolve) then pour over enchiladas. Top with cheese and bake 30 min at 350 F. Enjoy!

I boil my chicken and then shred it. This seems to be easiest for me. I only use about 1 package of tortillas and normally one package of Tyson skinless/boneless chicken breast.

This week I bought tortillas that were part of the promo at Kroger as well as Rotel. They both have fairly recent coupons.

We love this recipe at our house and I serve it a lot when we have company. It pairs great with Spanish Rice (which I still have tons of from when I stocked up about 6 months ago when it was on a great sale at Meijer!).

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment