Monday, February 15, 2010

Getting coupons for your favorite brands

I'm often asked how you can get coupons for your favorite brands especially if you don't see that they are ever in the coupon inserts. I highly recommend that you contact the manufacturer and ask them for coupons. Isn't their goal to have loyal customers? So, if you'd had luck contacting a mfg who is more than happy to send you some coupons, let us know!

On a slightly different note, if you are unsatisfied with a company's products, don't be afraid to contact them. I've had two instances where this has paid off:

1) John Frieda hair products - I really like the Luminous Volume products and I scored a bunch of these super cheap at Rite Aid last spring and after only using the shampoo a few times, I noticed the bottle was almost empty. When I looked at it closer, it looked like it might have been a design flaw since the bottle was designed to have the cap that dispenses on the bottom rather than the top and it appeared that when you set it that way, the shampoo would leak out. So, I called them, they asked me for a few codes off the bottle and they sent me a coupon for another bottle completely free!

2) Pampers Cruisers - I've been pretty loyal to Pampers(in fact, it's all I used for my first son, I love the powder smell they have before the are SOILED!) and have been alternating between Pampers and Huggies for my 2nd son. I noticed that my son was leaking though his diaper almost every time. So I gave Pampers a call and they very promptly sent me 2 coupons for 5.00 off. They asked me to try their Baby Dry (green box) product instead and see if those were better. They told me that I should get back to them if those leaked as well and they would have me send back the remaining ones and they would give me a refund. Personally, I like the cruisers A LOT better because the baby dry tabs are very plasticy (is that a word?) but they seem to be a little bit better.

So, here are my two examples of products I've have some issues with and the company has been happy to work with me!

Don't forget to let me know if you'd had success with this as well (or calling any mfg for coupons).

2 comments:

  1. I wrote to Red Vines to compliment their products and they shipped me free bags of licorice. (Not coupons, I actually received a box on my front porch!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Megan! We all like it when free stuff shows up on the doorstep, huh!

    ReplyDelete