Sunday, October 4, 2009

Just how much can you really save clipping coupons?

This is a question I get asked ALL THE TIME! I went and got some fabulous deals at Meijer last week and want to show you how my savings broke down. I did need to do several transactions but got cake frosting and Betty Crocker Warm Delights for free as well as Lysol Disinfecting Wipes for .50, there were some other great deals too.

I spent $80.81, this is a lot higher than I normally spend!
I saved $106.79, my savings was over 60%!

I stocked up on a lot of juice for my family. We go through at least 1-2 jugs a week so I got about 15-16 containers (various kinds because most of my coupons were expiring). I snagged Northland Juice for .99 and V8 Smoothies that my 19 month old loves for 1.00 each. So my total was about 25.00 higher than it normally is (Motts was on sale for 1.77). But this is still a far cry from the $125-$160 I used to spend weekly!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn!!

    I think my husband would get down and kiss your feet if he were to ever meet you:-) You have helped me save sooooo much for my family from your coupon class!! I also went to meijers for the one day sale this weekend and was there at 6 a.m. to avoid all the crowds. Did several transactions and only bought what was on sale and maybe a couple of things that I really needed. Spent $54.00 and saved 267.00!!!! It took me 4 hours but was well worth it. My stock pile is once again stocked and I will not have to do any grocery shopping at all this week. Thank you so much for having such a great class!!!! Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly: Thank you so much for the kind note! I am so glad to hear you are saving so much! That is INCREDIBLE savings at Meijer! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete