Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Happy New Year!


I am sorry for the delay in posts but my family had a very busy December so I gave myself permission to take a slight break from the blog. But I am back and energized and am loving some of the deals I'm seeing!

I've set some new goals for my spending and downloaded a terrific tracker that I found on Macomb Money Savers. If you look through her old posts on trackers, you should be able to find it. It was a link to another person's website. I want to be accountable for every penny I am spending and I found that 1.00 here and 1.00 there at CVS, Walgreens, etc can really add up. So stay tuned for my favorite deals.

While cleaning out my 2 large coupon boxes (they are more like storage bins), some of my categories were very large. My health care section alone was over 5" wide, so I decided I need to subcategorize. If anyone is interested, I will see if I can upload it somehow. I noticed how neat one of my friend's indexes looked and I copied her idea! I took card stock and made template for tabbed index cards. I think printed out 5160 labels and once I applied the label, I put clear tape over it to add some strength. Before I used the separators that you get in the photo boxes and those tore very easily and with all the flipping I do, I needed something to hold up better. I've included a picture so you have an idea as to what I did.

I'm still hoping to add to my followers so please add yourself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment